Our operating model
Our operating model creates a regional focus to implementing and living Vestas’ strategy. Furthermore, it secures global alignment and best practices to be shared and implemented, with a view to achieving ‘one enterprise’ thinking across the global functions.
Vestas’ organisation is structured in a two-dimensional matrix.
Seven Global Function areas
One dimension being seven global functional areas, representing the key disciplines of our company and employees, as follows:
- Manufacturing & Global Procurement,
- People & Culture, and
- Digital Solutions and Development.
These seven areas are headed by members of the Executive Management team, who ensure Vestas’ all-round operational and organisational performance.
The Regions represent the other dimension:
- Latin America,
- Northern America,
- Nothern & Central Europe, and
- Asia Pacific.
These include a simpler but more empowered Regional organisation with a management team consisting of the key business areas Sales, Construction, Service, Global Development, and Strategy & MarCom as well as a support structure consisting of a Regional CFO, a Regional COO, a Regional CTO, a Regional Head of Legal, and a Regional Head of P&C.
Executive Management team
110 years of expertise, will-power, and passion has formed the Vestas we know today. This has only been possible with the right management team, whose members show
Simplicity, Accountability, Passion, and Collaboration.
Our Executive Management team is responsible for the day-to-day management of the company, observing the guidelines and recommendations issued by the Board.
Executive Management team is responsible for presenting proposals for our company’s overall objectives, strategies and action plans as well as proposals for the overall operating, investment, financing, and liquidity budgets to the Board.
The team consists of the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and seven executives:
- Henrik Andersen, Group President & CEO (registered with the Danish Business Authority)
- Hans Martin Smith, Executive Vice President & CFO (registered with the Danish Business Authority)
- Anders Nielsen, Executive Vice President & CTO
- Tommy Rahbek Nielsen, Executive Vice President & COO
- Javier Rodriguez Diez, Executive Vice President & CSO (Sales)
- Christian Venderby, Executive Vice President & CSO (Service)
- Kerstin Knapp, Executive Vice President & CPCO
- Thomas Alsbjerg, Executive Vice President & Chief Digital Solutions and Development Officer