Technology Day 2023
Welcome to the 2023 Technology Day at Vestas
On the 13th of October, Vestas will open its doors and invite students across Denmark to join the Vestas Technology day at the Vestas Headquarters in Aarhus. (Not studying in Aarhus? Keep reading! More information on free bus transportation below).
The day will be a unique opportunity for you to get a view into the minds of our talented and passionate employees - what exciting projects are they working on right now? What does their day-to-day life look like at Vestas? How can you, as a student, venture into a career within the renewable industry?
At the event, you will get the opportunity to find answers to the questions above - among many others - through exciting poster presentations and keynote presentations by our different subject matter experts. A welcoming group of recruiters and HR employees will furthermore be available for a chat about your career aspirations: be it regarding opportunities within writing your bachelor's or master's thesis with Vestas; becoming part of our world-class graduate programme; or getting your first job at Vestas.
The Student and Media day is open for all students but is especially relevant for students within the fields below.
- Electrical engineering
- Loads & Control
- Mechanical and structural engineering
- Software engineering
- Cyber security
- Computer science
- Data science and machine learning
- Materials and production
- Offshore technology
- Any field of study within renewable energy and wind
Please see below for additional practical information:
Vestas' Headquarters at Hedeager 42, 8200 Aarhus N.
How do I get there?
In case you are located outside Aarhus and need transportation, busses will depart from DTU Lyngby, Aalborg University, and Aalborg University, Esbjerg in the morning of the 13th, transporting you to and from the event if needed (free of charge!).
- 7.30: Busses will depart from DTU Lyngby
- 8.45: Busses will depart from Aalborg University, Esbjerg
- 9.30: Busses will depart from Aalborg University
- 10.30-11.00: Attendee arrival
- 11.00-14.00: Event will take place
- 14.30: Busses will depart from Vestas in Aarhus to return to Aalborg, Esbjerg and Lyngby, respectively.
More information on transportation will follow sign-up.
Please note that there is a limitation of 400 sign-ups: you will be added to a waiting list if signing up when these spots have been filled.
Agenda of the day
- 10:30-11:00: Arrival and check-in
- 11:00: Opening session by CTO Anders Nielsen
- 11:30-14:00: Technology fair with Tech talks*, poster sessions**, Career stand, and History trail
- 12:00: Standing lunch
- 14:00: End of the event
- 14:30: Bus departure
- 11:45: Explore the urgent issue of climate change through a historical lens. Uncover the lessons of the past to drive impactful solutions for a sustainable future: Frank Ormel
- 12:30: Maximise renewable energy output while minimising environmental impact: Our cutting-edge circular turbine blade solution: Mie Elholm Birkbak
- 13:15: Revolutionise developer onboarding with AI-powered Q&A bots for corporate wikis like Confluence or SharePoint. Swiftly identify and simplify access to relevant resources, automate tasks, improving efficiency and satisfaction: Michael Fischer
- Design and Orchestrate the evolution of a fit-for-future E2E Digital Core Portable Connectivity Solutions
- Sustainable Energy becoming the world’s critical infrastructure
- Standing tall: How high dare you go?
- Bandpass adjusted turbulence
- Safe prototype builds through virtual build
- Unlocking the future IAM in Wind Energy
- Finding the LPF impact of Exceptions via Supervision linking
- Cable Stayed Pitchable Rotor
- Technical User Factors
- Circular Blade Solution
- New Buckling Methodology
- Model-Based Definition: 3D engineering
- Climatic, UV Radiation & Corrotion testing
- Electromagnetic compability
- The Art of Arc Handling: Design considerations for ever-increasing short circuit energy levels
- Highly Accelerated Limit Test capabilities
- Power laboratory
- Vibration testing
- Vestas Ventures
- Design for Reliability in C&E