Pursuant to Vestas Wind Systems A/S’ articles of association, the Board of Directors shall consist of five to ten members to be elected by the general meeting for a term of one year.
Board members elected by the general meeting may be recommended for election by the shareholders or by the Board of Directors.
In connection with the election of board members by the general meeting, the retiring Board of Directors shall nominate candidates for the vacant offices on the Board, to ensure that the shareholders are able to elect a continuing Board of Directors. When proposing candidates for board membership, the Board of Directors strives to ensure that the Board of Directors:
- is able to act independently of special interests;
- represents a balance between continuity and renewal;
- matches the company’s situation; and
- has industry insight and the commercial and financial skills required to allow the Board of Directors to perform its tasks in the best possible manner.
The Board of Directors uses external assistance for the search process and assessment of the profiles and qualifications specifically required in order to complement the expertise reflected in the overall composition of the Board.
Diversity within the board
The Board of Directors continuously work to increase diversity within the board. When proposing new board candidates, the Board of Directors pursue the goal of having several nationalities of both gender as well as a diverse age distribution. However, this goal must not compromise the other recruitment criteria.
- Information about proposed candidates (pdf)